View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Idea: Explosives Mod 

Post Idea: Explosives Mod
This isn't a question or anything like that but I had an idea for a great mod. Why not have a chemical mixing and explosives building mod? I am too lazy to learn lua, so I'm just giving the idea. I think there should be a guide on how to make certain explosives. I got the idea from a mod in burning sand. If you would like, I could give the guide to the burning sand mod as a reference of the explosive ingredients. There should be ways to make custom explosives, like after mixing styrofoam and oil, you can mix something else to make an explosive. I hope this mod is actually made, and thanks if it is. I am not asking for the mod so I can take credit, I am giving an idea for a mod. I say that because I have been misunderstood too many times about giving mod ideas for games.

Sun May 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Post Re: Idea: Explosives Mod
Ah crap, could a mod please move this to requests? My mouse clicked on the wrong thing. I have to get this glitch fixed. My mouse clicks in different spots than it appears.

Sun May 09, 2010 11:54 pm
happy carebear mom

Certainly my good man.

Mon May 10, 2010 3:17 am

Problem is terrain can't be Lua'd as far as I know and moving fluids would be quite hard to do.

Mon May 10, 2010 7:29 am
Profile WWW

Umm I'm making a mod like this.I had started making it two days ago and i made 4 weapons , all loaded with acid , one grenade launcher , one gantling gun , one sniper and a sprayer :grin:

Mon May 10, 2010 6:19 pm

CCnewplayer, did you even read his post? He wants a mod where you can combine various ingredients to make explosives. While it's a cool idea, I haven't a clue how to pull it off.

Mon May 10, 2010 11:04 pm

Benpasko wrote:
CCnewplayer, did you even read his post? He wants a mod where you can combine various ingredients to make explosives. While it's a cool idea, I haven't a clue how to pull it off.

My mod it's something like what he wants.And he wants various ingredients? easy , if he want many different things in an explosion , he wants many different particles.

Tue May 11, 2010 12:46 am

Well I guess you could have an explosive trigger by checking proximity of certain particles. You could probably make the explosion based on Lua only and therefore be different by each trigger as well as gibbing. Problem is, you can't have too many particles checking before you get an unbearable lag-fest.

Tue May 11, 2010 7:32 am
Profile WWW

CCnewplayer wrote:
Benpasko wrote:

My mod it's something like what he wants.And he wants various ingredients? easy , if he want many different things in an explosion , he wants many different particles.

Ugh, man, READ. He wants a mod that allows you to mix different things to make bombs, not a mod that just comes with different weapons with various particles.

Tue May 11, 2010 11:49 am

Is a... Gui possible? That could be the clue. a GUI in a weapon, in which you drag certain explosive ingredients you have to make certain bombs appear in your inventory. It doesn't have to be fluid usage. If you have sodium and water in your inventory, then you can mix those two to make a short timed bomb, and there could be different amounts, like 2 mg sodium + 1oz water = small explosion.

Tue May 11, 2010 1:28 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa , great idea , but this need lua and I dont know anything about lua , I can make sprites the explosion and the weapon.

Tue May 11, 2010 4:49 pm

Anyone going to do this? Its an open suggestion.

Wed May 12, 2010 9:30 pm

I think it might be possible to combine things, but definitely not with specific amounts.

Wed May 12, 2010 9:49 pm

No, I mean have like a gui tool that opens up the mixer, then have different ingredients that you pick up as tools, and they come in different amounts like 1 gram, 2 grams, 5 grams, 10 grams and so on.

Thu May 13, 2010 2:20 am

iirc, Messing with the inventory via Lua is pretty wacky as of now.

Thu May 13, 2010 2:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]