View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Help Trilby Out 

Post Help Trilby Out
G'Day! My name's private, but you can call me Trilby!
I've been lurking for a while, and have just recently tried my hand at modding! Gotta say, it's fun, but my grasp on coding is not as proficient as I'd like.

So!

I've decided to enlist help of you peeps, who have already helped me so much with all the threads and topics that've answered the many, many problems I've already encountered!

I'm making a number of weapons and actors under the name Elysia Weapons Tech. The file you'll be provided, however, bears the name and module symbol Malleus Armory Catalogue. I just haven't gotten around to changing the names and folders and filepaths yet, because it is not ready for release yet.

What I'd really, really like help with are offsets. The offsets for all the weapons are pretty terrible, as I've been playing with the numbers, but haven't gotten anything that I like quite yet.

Before you flame:
-The Starkiller Cannon is overpowered. Very, very overpowered. I need to nerf it p. badly.
-I'd like to extend mondo props to p3lb0x for his idea and coding for his Dummy MiniRocket Launcher, which served as the inspiration for The Serpentine.
-Same props go out to MaximDude, some of whose Glow files are being used for my weapons. I plan to change that, as soon as I learn how to make my own glow files.
-The Justice Revolver is more or less a re-skin of MaximDude's revolver. Credit to him for that, and for his awesome mod! (Btw, love the acid sprayer, it was just too powerful. Like a limp version of the old Laser rifle. What I did was turn down the mass and sharpness on the projectiles, and increased the round count for the magazine, so it was less like a laser-hose and more like a supersoaker of death!)
-I know that these weapons are a bit overpowered, mostly due to high Sharpness values. In my kiddish glee over being able to make my own weapons, I got ahead of myself and cranked out some pretty killer devices. I feel as though I should just turn the sharpness down, or lower the accuracy on all of them.
-There is a LOT of redundancy. When I'm ready to release this mod, I'll go through and consolidate all the glows and all the sounds and all the images I can into the base Malleus.rte folder, so the final thing won't eat up so much unnecessary space.

Keep in mind, I'd like help with the offsets, but if you enjoy these mods, don't be afraid to let me know!
Everything needed to run them should already be in Base.rte or included in the Malleus.rte folder.

Thank you, ahead of time~

EDIT:
I forgot to mention my intended positions for the guns!
Ray Pistol - Held more out in-front of the Actor
Ray Caster - More or less fine, but I want the second hand to be resting on the 'grip'. The grip is here:
Starkiller Cannon - I realize it's huge. My intent was to shrink it down to half its size, but that made it look godawfully bad and sketchy. Optimistically, I think I'll reskin it, but for the time being, having the offsets adjusted so that it is held like the Annihilator would be tremendously appreciated! Once I understand this stuff, I can resize it and code it myself.
Serpentine - Much like the Raycaster: one hand on the grip, one hand nyeah~ (marked in red)

EDIT EDIT:
For the sake of posterity

Attachments:
File comment: My Mod!
Malleus.rte.zip [1.65 MiB]
Downloaded 142 times
Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:24 pm

Post Re: Help Trilby Out
I'll see what I can do. It's time to flex my betatesting muscles. This reminds me I also owe Naxx a betatest.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:22 am
Profile YIM WWW

Bump!

Also, any suggestions for weapons could be cool!
It's mostly a photon/energy weapon theme.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:38 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

A fat satisfying laz0r. One that isn't overpowered compared to vanilla content. try THAT!

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:13 am

I'm playing around with lua.
Gonna see what I can do, and yeah, the laser rifle and the Annihilator are both kinda weaksauce.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:49 am

The wiki may be dead and mostly useless, but there are gems of info still left in it.
This such one would help you here:
http://wiki.datarealms.com/wiki/index.p ... _Tutorials

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:08 am

Thank you muchly! This helped a lot!

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]