View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:28 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Numgun's wishes regarding his mods 

Post Re: Numgun's wishes regarding his mods
I respect you and your mods, but i agree with zeno39, there is no logic here. It's just you being mad.

And as everyone knows, there is hardly any logic behind anger.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:44 am

I couldn't imagine demanding there be no distribution of my mod all of a sudden, simply because I know how the internet works, even in this small nook that is the datarealms community, and know that it would be an exercise in complete futility. Even if you're entirely within your right to demand something not happen, you can't actually force it to not happen without any power or reach to do so. Maybe you can stop thread posting if the moderators support you, but you can't do much about PMs, either here or on IRC. And that's not to mention various other means of distribution.

In short, this is pretty pointless. You have every right to demand, nobody can stop you from doing that. But reality there isn't anything that can actually stop others from distributing stuff either. So you're better of just accepting that and not worrying about it, because ultimately it doesn't matter that much. You'll feel better that way.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:16 am
Profile YIM

I dont see any reason for you not wanting anyone
to distribute your mods numgun.
or being angry.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:25 am
Banned

yo numgun, im happy for u an imma let u finish but the rest of the forum has already made the best mods of all time.

best mods of all time!!!

Last edited by ProjektTHOR on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:40 am
Profile YIM

lol'd at above post.

If its is desire to not want anybody to distribute his mods, thats his choice, but its about as effective as banning people from shareing the air on this planet, 'tis futile m'boy, you cant stop 'em

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:50 am

numgun wrote:
411570N3 wrote:
If I remember correctly, his things are still allowed to be pmed. If there is some confirmation of this, I can pm you the old version.

Any form of distribution of my work is forbidden. I know I can't control nor see PM traffic, but I still say no.

Hey numgun I'm happy for you and I'mma let you finish but ♥♥♥♥ you.

Did I do it right?

Anyways, move on with your life if you don't like us, your mods will be distributed and updated so long as people like them, you have no right, no will, nor the resources to do anything to anyone who wishes to use and or distribute your mods. All you can/will do is send them a letter full of your teenage angst PMS, nothing more. Unless you really desire to pursue such frivolous suits, in which case, you're a bigger douche than anyone could ever imagine in the history of the internet. Worse than, dare I say it, Tom Cruise. This goes for anyone who thinks they properly own a modification for this game.

That being said, your mods will be distributed, updated, publicly or in private, on DRL or on other 3rd-party sites. And all you can do is sit at your chair, and cry, whilst masturbating to Soldat.

Good evening.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:51 am
Banned

Since everyone knows how much of a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ I am on matters regarding dumbgun:

A download link for the proletarian masses!

Down with the bourgeois modder elite! Grab your pitchforks! Your scythes! Take up arm and torch against them in a plebeian outrage

That having been said, this thread should be locked. Numguns request has been made and readily received by a staff member. There is no need for further debate, seeing as numguns position shall not be moved.

if you want to convince numgun to reverse his foreign policy, a private communique would be more apt.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:54 am
Profile YIM

Oh god what the heck is this.

From my memory, DRL administration is neither able nor particularly willing to enforce anything about distribution of mods via PM against the creators' wishes. We will remove any subsequent public postings of them on Datarealms sites, but that is as far as we go.

Numgun is allowed to go and state that he wants no distribution to occur, but unless he's going to start filing for some sort of IP infringement against everyone I don't know what purpose it serves. (other than to discourage people like Allstone, I suppose)

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:08 am
happy carebear mom

Alenth Eneil wrote:
DRL administration is neither able nor particularly willing to enforce anything about distribution of mods via PM against the creators' wishes. We will remove any subsequent public postings of them on Datarealms sites, but that is as far as we go.

And there's the official position. Thank you, and good night.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:27 am
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
Oh hey, I showed up to this party late.

Just wanted to add with the rest of the general notion, once something is on the internet, numgun, it will be distributed as the masses please. This is not tragic or horrible, but a fact of the matter on the internet.

Live with it?

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:11 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2