View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 79  Next
 Drugs 101, class is in session 
DRLGrump

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
Pseudo, you're really not helping your case. No need to get all angry about it. Just accept that it's a stupid topic to debate about, since there's absolutely no evidence supporting that view, and when you try to argue it, you sound like some sort of nutjob. Just let it die, and find a better drug related topic to talk about in here.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:04 am

So, uh, how does one tell the difference between a body high and a head high? So far, every time I've gotten high, the same thing's happened - I lose a little balance, time seems to go maybe a bit slower, but only barely noticeably, my vision is slightly zoomed-in, and I can only focus on one thing, but when I do, I take in every detail, be it music, a voice, a face, a taste. Oh, and I get really happy. There's never really been any change in that, though, it's always been like that.

Does that sound like I'm describing a head high or a body high? And how would I experience the other type of high that I'm clearly not experiencing?

What other drugs do you consider safe to consume? Like, I'm not afraid of reefer madness-what other sorts of things could I try, with confidence that it wouldn't be harmful to me?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:17 am

Ociamarru wrote:
So, uh, how does one tell the difference between a body high and a head high? So far, every time I've gotten high, the same thing's happened - I lose a little balance, time seems to go maybe a bit slower, but only barely noticeably, my vision is slightly zoomed-in, and I can only focus on one thing, but when I do, I take in every detail, be it music, a voice, a face, a taste. Oh, and I get really happy. There's never really been any change in that, though, it's always been like that.

Does that sound like I'm describing a head high or a body high? And how would I experience the other type of high that I'm clearly not experiencing?

What other drugs do you consider safe to consume? Like, I'm not afraid of reefer madness-what other sorts of things could I try, with confidence that it wouldn't be harmful to me?

Differentiation comes with experience. You'll be a discerning connoisseur in no time~ But you just described a head high to a T
As for safe drugs, most drugs are in moderation. I've smoked meth and crack with no negative repercussions. Don't try to find a list of drugs you can do, just do the research on the ones you want to do and decide for yourself if you're okay with the possibility of negative repercussions.

As for the stupid discussion currently going on, a lot of people are talking out their ass and it's starting to really annoy me.
Quote:
you sound like a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ stoner (and you are, and at least you admit it) but christ, stop being so goddamn proud of yourself for entirely the wrong reasons

While I'm sure you got a lot of satisfaction out of telling him why he's dumb, this is a debate topic, not a knock someone down a peg topic.
Quote:
yes, necessarily.

No, actually, not necessarily. Reality is dictated by consciousness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il0pzBsh ... re=related I realize that Through the Wormhole isn't exactly a peer-reviewed paper or anything, but it's a good place to start, use it as a kind of index and branch out.
Quote:
yes, necessarily. you can't just decide that WHOO I'M SO HIGH EVERYTHING IS PERCEPTION WHY DO THEY CALL THEM FINGERS IF YOU NEVER SEE THEM FING and decide you're some kind of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ intellectual/philosopher/whatever

Requoting because I take issue with this entire thing. Since when has debate been disagreeing, then insulting someone? Stop ♥♥♥♥ posting to satisfy your own ego. Either take him seriously and actually debate with him or shut up.
Quote:
Pseudo, you're really not helping your case. No need to get all angry about it. Just accept that it's a stupid topic to debate about, since there's absolutely no evidence supporting that view, and when you try to argue it, you sound like some sort of nutjob. Just let it die, and find a better drug related topic to talk about in here.

Thank you for being sensible. You too, Allstone and Duh <3
Quote:
If some of the ♥♥♥♥ people see when they are hallucinating WAS real (and i don't say for a second it is)...it would be something never measured before, probably something impossible to record using physical means. Rules such as the ones we have attempted to use to explain our universe would not apply. For this reason, these hallucinations would probably not be consistent, and also because it`s the human mind we are dealing with.

Anyone who's experienced with psychedelia would know intuitively that what they saw is not real, it's just a drug throwing a monkey wrench into the system and things go haywire for a little bit. Unless you're talking about things like DMT/ayahuasca/ibogaine, in which case I would posit that you're quite out of your depth. You need to spend some more time thinking these ideas you have out. They have some merit, but there are quite a few breakdowns in logic. Examine them critically, I usually do this by writing them down, and coming back to them a day or two later, when your ego has detached itself from it a little bit and you can think about it with less bias.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:02 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

okay yes I ♥♥♥♥ up my bad

I'll just quit posting in your thread tucker

sound good?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:07 pm

Why? Just stop posting badly and you're good. It's nbd really I just try to be a hardass about that stuff because if I don't then it keeps happening~

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:13 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Hey ophanim, the guy in the picture in the main post is you?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:39 am

Asklar wrote:
Hey ophanim, the guy in the picture in the main post is you?

You mean the one with the hand rolled tobacco cigarette? Yep :3

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:17 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

You have nice eyes. They look pretty wierd in the photo, but they look nice.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:43 am

I am beautiful, no matter what they say~ Thank you sir but I would remind you that private messages exist~

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:24 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

If I had said that by private message, it would have sounded like I'm a psycho-pervert-stalker.

Well, to get back on topic, I've never smoked anything, but let's say I'd start smoking weed, is that thing addictive? I mean, if I smoke only one papelillo, would it be as dramatic as everyone says?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:42 pm
happy carebear mom

I believe weed is considered on the low side of addiction potential. Wiki doesn't list anything about addiction, but I defer to the experts on this topic.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:24 pm

Getting addicted to something after only one use is really not dependent on your organism, it's mostly related to your personality.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:41 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I'd probably leave it. I have left all my vices except one.

But I don't know, I just don't feel like trying it, but I'm really curious about it.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Asklar wrote:
If I had said that by private message, it would have sounded like I'm a psycho-pervert-stalker.

Well, to get back on topic, I've never smoked anything, but let's say I'd start smoking weed, is that thing addictive? I mean, if I smoke only one papelillo, would it be as dramatic as everyone says?

Ociamarru wrote:

I got this chart off wikipedia but I still think its a fairly good guideline for drug physical impact and addiction potential.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... nce%29.svg

Also here's a page that has a data table for the chart. Theres also a research abstract below it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ratio ... dependence).svg

From my experience some other major drugs that have very little noticeable negative impact with single usage are psilocybin mushrooms, lsd (although it may take awhile to clear your head after the trip), tobacco (smoked), valium, and ginseng root (somewhat of a joke, but pure ginseng is actually quite pleasantly stimulating, more so than caffeine in my opinion.)

Drugs which have some major undesirable effect in my experience are:
Alcohol: Nausea, Possibility of hangover if you don't stay hydrated, a combination of stupidity and arrogance which often leads to arguments and bad decisions
Hydrocodone : Somewhat addictive after first usage, stomach cramp from large doses from the acetaminophen unless the hydrocodone is extracted from the vicodin pills
DXM: Can be very addictive depending on your personality, especially if you're depressed, due to its dissociative nature, Can cause nausea, Lasts a long time and makes you very obviously drugged, has a "hangover" of mild dissociation which I find to be pleasant but is considered unpleasant by many
LSA: A strong body load, considerable nausea from other chemicals in the seeds (morning glory and hawaiian baby woodrose, a harmless but disconcerting pain in the thigh muscles (experienced three times in a row) from mild vasoconstriction effects and similar to a leg cramp
Tobacco (Dipped): Nausea (especially if you swallow bits of tobacco, which happens to most people their first time, effects on coordination similar to drunkenness, unpleasant flavor, makes the inside of the lower lip feel sore)
Methylphenidate: (A noticeable dulling of the mood, can exacerbate negative aspects of the personality, causes significant reduction in capacity for empathy, Makes cardiovascular exercise somewhat more difficult, increased sweating and temperature sensitivity)
Dextroamphetamine: (Lack of patience and Irritability, Arrogance about perceived improvement in mental capabilities, strong reduction in empathy, annoying mental habits (like counting things), constipation (even at prescribed dosages), very reduced appetite, makes cardiovascular exercise much harder, to the point of rigorous exercise being painful, some sweating)

I've done all of these multiple times (except dip, eww), and experienced the listed effects noticeably and consistently throughout every experience. These are completely subjective effects, but I think they're still useful as guidelines.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:21 am

Cadwaller wrote:

I got this chart off wikipedia but I still think its a fairly good guideline for drug physical impact and addiction potential.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... nce%29.svg

Also here's a page that has a data table for the chart. Theres also a research abstract below it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ratio ... dependence).svg

From my experience some other major drugs that have very little noticeable negative impact with single usage are psilocybin mushrooms, lsd (although it may take awhile to clear your head after the trip), tobacco (smoked), valium, and ginseng root (somewhat of a joke, but pure ginseng is actually quite pleasantly stimulating, more so than caffeine in my opinion.)

Drugs which have some major undesirable effect in my experience are:
Alcohol: Nausea, Possibility of hangover if you don't stay hydrated, a combination of stupidity and arrogance which often leads to arguments and bad decisions
Hydrocodone : Somewhat addictive after first usage, stomach cramp from large doses from the acetaminophen unless the hydrocodone is extracted from the vicodin pills
DXM: Can be very addictive depending on your personality, especially if you're depressed, due to its dissociative nature, Can cause nausea, Lasts a long time and makes you very obviously drugged, has a "hangover" of mild dissociation which I find to be pleasant but is considered unpleasant by many
LSA: A strong body load, considerable nausea from other chemicals in the seeds (morning glory and hawaiian baby woodrose, a harmless but disconcerting pain in the thigh muscles (experienced three times in a row) from mild vasoconstriction effects and similar to a leg cramp
Tobacco (Dipped): Nausea (especially if you swallow bits of tobacco, which happens to most people their first time, effects on coordination similar to drunkenness, unpleasant flavor, makes the inside of the lower lip feel sore)
Methylphenidate: (A noticeable dulling of the mood, can exacerbate negative aspects of the personality, causes significant reduction in capacity for empathy, Makes cardiovascular exercise somewhat more difficult, increased sweating and temperature sensitivity)
Dextroamphetamine: (Lack of patience and Irritability, Arrogance about perceived improvement in mental capabilities, strong reduction in empathy, annoying mental habits (like counting things), constipation (even at prescribed dosages), very reduced appetite, makes cardiovascular exercise much harder, to the point of rigorous exercise being painful, some sweating)

I've done all of these multiple times (except dip, eww), and experienced the listed effects noticeably and consistently throughout every experience. These are completely subjective effects, but I think they're still useful as guidelines.

That chart is terrible and The Lancet should be collectively slapped for publishing it, and your subjective opinion is fairly useless, but the effort is appreciated. Marijuana has, for all practical intents and purposes, 0 risk of physical dependence. You might like it so much you may feel you can't do without, but that's the literal only danger. And if you're going to list pills (valium) list their chemicals not their brand name.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 79  Next