View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 79  Next
 Drugs 101, class is in session 

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
Oh, yeah, it worked fantastically. I mean, come on dude, I was on meth. Of course it worked.

Mon May 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Homophanim wrote:
Personal preference.
So I smoked meth. I didn't ♥♥♥♥ a man in a truck stop for money, didn't kill my family, and don't have a burning desire to do it again, and indeed probably never will do it again. It was kind of underwhelming tbh. I was just really, really, really focused. I spent seven hours building a tattoo gun.

Clearly didn't use enough etc. That is a little odd though, seeing as meth is supposedly one of the more addictive drugs out there.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:56 pm

"Clearly" my ass, you're a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, and "clearly" don't know anything about methamphetamine or its effects. Protip: Pop culture rarely accurately portrays anything accurately. Further protip: You can't get addicted to ANYTHING from doing it once.

Edit: Further protips: Spreading misinformation as fact makes me very angry.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:36 pm
DRLGrump

Protip: Don't piss off Oph. It won't end well.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:59 pm

>Protip: Don't piss off Oph. It won't end well.

As in, he'll make an ass of himself? Yeah.

I was actually being entirely sarcastic there. But if you want to angst about it: It's more than fully possible that a small enough dose of meth wouldn't do anything drastic. Small doses of methamphetamine are actually prescribed for the regulation of ADHD, hence the feeling of being focused. High doses of meth are what cause euphoria and have the long-term adverse effects of addiction and both physiological and psychological damage. It is one of most addictive drugs out there, assuming you take enough to get hooked; that's a simple fact. It's not an invention of "pop culture" and it's not something made up by The Man to keep kids off of drugs. Considering that you weren't euphoric and didn't feel particularly keen to take it again, I'm pretty sure that you just didn't take enough. That or you have a superhuman tolerance to doses of methamphetamine which would prove addictive to normal human beings. Which seems more likely?

Get your facts straight before calling someone out for "misinformation."

PS: I know you want to seem like one of the cool druggies who's here to reveal all of the lies about the negative effects of drugs, but stuff like this-
Ophanim wrote:
You can't get addicted to ANYTHING from doing it once.
-isn't really helping your case. Sure, you won't get a nicotine addiction from smoking one cigarette, or even a pack of cigarettes. There are cases of people who started smoking, smoked for a month straight, and then quit with no withdrawal symptoms. But the nastier stuff, ie heroine or meth- go pump enough of that ♥♥♥♥ into your bloodstream, then come back and tell me you're not addicted after one time. Even if your claim was true in your personal case, or even if it was true in the majority of cases, it would not be an absolute truth. There's too much variation within the human race for you to predict that something like that would hold true in all cases. There will always be an exception to the rule.

tl;dr -> U r dum.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:35 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

The addiction doesn't kick in untill later on, just think about it.
If your brain gets an external source of euphoria once, it won't rewire itself to depend on it, but if it's multiple times over a period of time, it'd eventually rewire itself so the effect isn't as strong, but as a side effect make the person need it to function normally.

This is based on no experience what so every with drugs, so it might be a bit inaccurate or incorrect.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:39 pm

That's mostly true in a normal human. Keyword: Normal. Not everyone is normal.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:44 pm
DRLGrump

No, I'm going to agree with Oph here. Your brain will not rewire itself after one experience. It just doesn't happen. Ok, maybe one person in every hundred million may be abnormal, but that doesn't warrant you getting all pissed over it and calling Oph dumb. If there's one thing I think Oph knows, it's drugs.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:50 pm

That's not even the central argument. He mainly got his panties in a knot because I said he might have just used too small a dose. The addiction thing is sort of an aside.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:53 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:
>Protip: Don't piss off Oph. It won't end well.

As in, he'll make an ass of himself? Yeah.

I was actually being entirely sarcastic there. But if you want to angst about it: It's more than fully possible that a small enough dose of meth wouldn't do anything drastic. Small doses of methamphetamine are actually prescribed for the regulation of ADHD, hence the feeling of being focused. High doses of meth are what cause euphoria and have the long-term adverse effects of addiction and both physiological and psychological damage. It is one of most addictive drugs out there, assuming you take enough to get hooked; that's a simple fact. It's not an invention of "pop culture" and it's not something made up by The Man to keep kids off of drugs. Considering that you weren't euphoric and didn't feel particularly keen to take it again, I'm pretty sure that you just didn't take enough. That or you have a superhuman tolerance to doses of methamphetamine which would prove addictive to normal human beings. Which seems more likely?

Get your facts straight before calling someone out for "misinformation."

PS: I know you want to seem like one of the cool druggies who's here to reveal all of the lies about the negative effects of drugs, but stuff like this-
Ophanim wrote:
You can't get addicted to ANYTHING from doing it once.
-isn't really helping your case. Sure, you won't get a nicotine addiction from smoking one cigarette, or even a pack of cigarettes. There are cases of people who started smoking, smoked for a month straight, and then quit with no withdrawal symptoms. But the nastier stuff, ie heroine or meth- go pump enough of that ♥♥♥♥ into your bloodstream, then come back and tell me you're not addicted after one time. Even if your claim was true in your personal case, or even if it was true in the majority of cases, it would not be an absolute truth. There's too much variation within the human race for you to predict that something like that would hold true in all cases. There will always be an exception to the rule.

tl;dr -> U r dum.

Well since you want to go all serious face on me:
We smoked about a half a gram of ice (high purity meth) between 5 people. 100 mg of methamphetamine is more than enough. I was most definitely high as ♥♥♥♥. You made an assumption, and there's an old saying about assumptions that I'm sure you're familiar with.
My quite experienced meth head friend told me that euphoria isn't always there, and a meth high can be very subtle. I told him I wasn't really feeling it, he told me to do a lap around the house, I did so, and I was most certainly feeling it.
Heroin is not heroine.
It is actually pharmacologically impossible to take a drug one time and become addicted to it.
I never ever implied meth is not addictive, and if you read through my posts, I discourage the use of quite a few drugs because of addictive potential. I absolutely discourage all of you from trying meth, it's incredibly dangerous. I knew this when I did it.
Quote:
It's not an invention of "pop culture" and it's not something made up by The Man to keep kids off of drugs.

I was referring to your perception of how the drug would make you feel, which you learned from pop culture. Meth is not always euphoric.
Quote:

You cannot discount medical science simply because we're all unique snowflakes. I'm sure there's someone somewhere who could smoke meth once and be addicted, but for the vast majority of the human race (didn't you make a point similar to this?), that's impossible. There's a reason that another term for an addiction is a "habit".
Quote:
That's not even the central argument. He mainly got his panties in a knot because I said he might have just used too small a dose. The addiction thing is sort of an aside.

Actually I got my "panties in a knot" because you come in talking nonsense like it's the gospel truth. That ♥♥♥♥ is dangerous.

I'm going to ignore the personal attack, that was just childish.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:58 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I'll probably get a warning thanks to this post, but damn that fight was funny.

Yeah, the worst drug of all is anger, you become an ♥♥♥hole with a slight dose of it.

Mon May 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Homophanim wrote:
Quote:
You cannot discount medical science simply because we're all unique snowflakes. I'm sure there's someone somewhere who could smoke meth once and be addicted, but for the vast majority of the human race (didn't you make a point similar to this?), that's impossible. There's a reason that another term for an addiction is a "habit".

Yes, and if you had said that it applied to the majority of people as opposed to "You just CAN'T get addicted from anything after one time", ie, instead of using an all-inclusive statement, I wouldn't have had anything to say about that.

Homophanim wrote:
Quote:

Actually I got my "panties in a knot" because you come in talking nonsense like it's the gospel truth. That ♥♥♥♥ is dangerous.
Quote:
That is a little odd though, seeing as meth is supposedly (not "definitely") one of the more (not "most") addictive drugs out there.

Yup, I was definitely saying that like it's an unarguable and indisputable fact. Also, how it is nonsense? Are you going to tell me that meth is not more addictive than most drugs are?

Homophanim wrote:
I'm going to ignore the personal attack, that was just childish.
...uh-huh.
Homophanim wrote:
"Clearly" my ass, you're a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, and "clearly" don't know anything about methamphetamine or its effects.

You made a good point on IRC about it taking something like two weeks for the brain to rewire itself and become "addicted" to something, though. I wasn't actually aware of that. Still, even if it doesn't immediately happen: If someone uses a drug and likes the effects, isn't it a fair assumption that they'll continue using it long enough to be addicted? They might not technically be 'addicted' the first time they try it, but they might be as good as.

Also found this a little interesting: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showth ... p?t=144430 Apparently getting high off of meth the first time you use it is a relatively rare occurrence. If your "meth head" friend took enough to get high and you took the same amount, it just might not have been enough for you.

Tue May 31, 2011 9:12 pm

Quote:
You made a good point on IRC about it taking something like two weeks for the brain to rewire itself and become "addicted" to something, though. I wasn't actually aware of that. Still, even if it doesn't immediately happen: If someone uses a drug and likes the effects, isn't it a fair assumption that they'll continue using it long enough to be addicted? They might not technically be 'addicted' the first time they try it, but they might be as good as.

Yeah but technically is all that matters, that was just bullshitting in an attempt to save your argument. Cede victory like a man, don't sidestep it.
Quote:
Also found this a little interesting: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showth ... p?t=144430 Apparently getting high off of meth the first time you use it is a relatively rare occurrence. If your "meth head" friend took enough to get high and you took the same amount, it just might not have been enough for you.

I constructed a tattoo gun for seven hours and stayed up for like 28, I was definitely ♥♥♥♥ high. I know what I felt, why do you keep insisting, having no knowledge of anything that happened except for what I tell you, that you know better than I do whether or not I was high? This is just ♥♥♥♥ retarded.
Quote:
Yup, I was definitely saying that like it's an unarguable and indisputable fact. Also, how it is nonsense? Are you going to tell me that meth is not more addictive than most drugs are?

Why did you pick that specific quote? The sentence you quoted is perfectly correct. I took issue with this:
Quote:
Clearly didn't use enough etc.

There's absolutely no way you could have known that. At all. You were just bullshitting. But you already said you were just being sarcastic, why didn't you clarify that and let it alone instead of treating what you called a sarcastic remark as your legitimate argument and attempting to tell me that I wasn't high? This whole argument is stupid, and poorly picked.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:12 am

Ophanim wrote:
There's absolutely no way you could have known that. At all. You were just bullshitting. But you already said you were just being sarcastic, why didn't you clarify that and let it alone instead of treating what you called a sarcastic remark as your legitimate argument and attempting to tell me that I wasn't high? This whole argument is stupid, and poorly picked.

Being human, I don't take kindly to people insulting me, especially when they do so because they've jumped to a conclusion or assumed something that was incorrect. This is more than a little silly, though. I'm willing to drop it.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:33 am

I have 20 hits of acid and I was wondering If the following plan would be likely to have unpleasant results:
Get half a handle of vodka or rum
Take out the cork and stick a needle in it
Impale 5 blotters like a kebab in the needle
Put the kebab cork back in the bottle and wait a few days
Drink the bottle with a friend
Listen to music and cuddle with a female

Would this likely lead to good results in a controlled setting? Would the alcohol have anxiety-reducing effects and make the trip more smooth and relaxed, or would it make it more likely that I would pull off some crazy ♥♥♥♥ and run around or fight someone?

Edit: more like a fifth or less, I don't know much about liquor quantity terminology

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 79  Next