View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 mod release Questions 

Post mod release Questions
ive been working on a mod for a little while now
it currently has 6 weapons ( i dropped one coz its a shameless ripoff of the district9mod repulsor )
(the Substance-D revolver btw is uber expensive, it may be useless against dummies, only holds 4 rounds, but it pops human actors and disarms dummies)
and two Actors, both basically reskins of the browncoat but massively reskined.
a medium armour trooper who dies quick
and a heavy trooper with chest armour
(the soldiers either side are medium troopers,,, yer they look the same but the light trooper dies quick coz he aint got no armour)
now i wanted to ask,
is this enough for a release?... it isnt finished about 50% of what i wanna put in is done
one of the energy launchers is a ripoff of the D9 repulsor. but re-made as a sniper and anti dropship weapon. do i need to omitt this one? (i got rid of it,, :) )
is balancing by price ok?, cause the team are intended as an elite but expensive mercinary force(im balancing by price (just play with the kills 4 gold mod))

:Edit,,1 added pics , fixed questions,, just wanna know now if its worth me releasing it, i wasnt originally going too but then i figured i may aswell
:-o

Last edited by StoneCrow on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:43 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: mod release Questions
Screenies before I really say anything. I sense this will garner a lot of flaming, and did you ask permission from the creator for the "energy launchers"?

Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:29 am

Balancing by price doesn't work to the extent I assume you will take it.

I don't mind ripoffs but you'll have to ask Darlos if he'll let you use it (Don't be afraid, he's a darling and I'm sure he'll let you use it).

I'm guessing you are trying to avoid being flamed to crap for having a craptastic mod- try posting some pics here, first. (^Yeah, ninja'd)

Also try to use grammar, punctuation, and all that. That'll get you flamed worse than any substandard mod.

Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:31 am

hey thanks for the feedback so far, i added pics, and im sending the creator of the D9 mod a PM about the remaining not so ripoff-ish energy weapons.

oh and to explain, the heads on my soldiers arent silly skull faces (well they kind of are) but technically speaking its a mask and only protects the troopers face and not their head from front or back attacks. i added it cause my .bmp of a face fails, and my soldier were getting headshotted too easily.
in the end i like it, as it adds a bit of unpredictability to headshots, and it has gibs

umm also this is my first mod. i dont think i said that in the first post, but i think you worked it out anyways

Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:58 pm
Profile YIM

http://www.datarealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=17196&p=319395#p319395

this is the release thread and its now up for download. don't bother posting here anymore go to the link.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:09 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]