View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 5:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Not a release - opinions wanted. 

Post Not a release - opinions wanted.
Hello there! (Grammar police may safely stop reading now, I am not a native english speaker, and it's not even my third language - and this thread is not "that" importent anyway! I wish you a frog free day.)

As most of us know we will, one day, be able to play with our own factions in the campaign mode; and I have made this rather small faction for myself to use for just that!

Important part
So what I want is a few people to comment on prices and other things so it's not to cheap/expencive/unbalanced - I want it to be farily balanced to native content, so I don't get an (way to) unfair advantage in the campaign!
/Important part

It's ment to be used with the things from the Undead faction - But this is a stand alone .rte!

And I know people won't bother to download and test it for 15min if there is no pictures!

1. Wight - Elite skeleton, heavy trooper for this faction (Knee armor code originaly by Exalion but modified by me, Thanks!)
2. Slave Droid - Cheap working droid, used for gold digging and carrying bombs.
3. Heavy Sentry Gun - A butt ugly sentry gun, used against armor.
4. Sentry Gun - A even uglier sentry gun for use Vs everything.
5. Summoner - Brain actor with a impressive helm design, comes equiped with upgraded Iron Gun and Iron Rifle.
6. Trocket - A suicidal rocket transport - usefull for carrying warheads and crash into things.
7. Death Angle - A medium transport with self fiering 22mm canons (Lua originaly by Abdul Alhazred but modified by me, Thanks!)
8. Casket - A cybernetic-wood box used for transport.

I know the sentry gun is rather dangerous, but I don't think there will be much defence in the campaign anyway!

Just a (small) pic of the guns

Well, go get it!

And yeah, you are free to use whatever you may find intresting in this mod for your own needs, I don't care the slightest about credit either.

Attachments:
File comment: The .rte I want tested!
The-Undead.rte.rar [2.49 MiB]
Downloaded 200 times
Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Post Re: Not a release - opinions wanted.
This seems like a good start for a faction. However I strongly recommend not releasing this in the Mod Releases forum, as it is a collection of respites, which do need quite a bit of work. They seem flat, and lack shading. I wouldn't worry about the price until that is fixed.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:44 pm

Another suggestion is to not use jpeg for the image, if you can help it. Save it under bmp, or preferably, png.

I can't really see anything beyond major details as it stands.

Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:15 am

shadow wrote:
This seems like a good start for a faction. However I strongly recommend not releasing this in the Mod Releases forum, as it is a collection of respites, which do need quite a bit of work. They seem flat, and lack shading. I wouldn't worry about the price until that is fixed.

It was never the plan to release it, if you had read through the my first post you might not have missed the point, i.e I want my own faction for campaign!

Thanks though for your input on it's a collection of resprites and lacks shading but it was balance I'm really intressted in.

UnsubRedun wrote:
Another suggestion is to not use jpeg for the image, if you can help it. Save it under bmp, or preferably, png.

I can't really see anything beyond major details as it stands.

Yeah I notised the loss of colors were severe.

Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]