View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:50 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 looking for help (whitebot brainbot) 

Post Re: looking for help (whitebot brainbot)
Great Job so far on this. it is really turning out great. i cant wait to see it in the reliesed mod forums

Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:24 am

ok the people spoke and they wanted a jet pack, more back detail, bigger cylinders, a bigger leg, and more leg detail
also the parts i saved from sovietcommando are now the brain armor, the brain, the upper part of the body were the brain mounts, the gray ribcage, and the cylinders on the arm.
if anyone here would like to take a stab at shading this better, coding it, or anything else pm me your email and i will send you a copy
or if some one knows a good hosting site let me know and i can post a link here directly to the file.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Try making the jetpack look less like an afterthought. It looks like someone just stuck a showerhead on the end, connected to a match and a fuel tank.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:26 pm

Flammablezombie wrote:
Try making the jetpack look less like an afterthought. It looks like someone just stuck a showerhead on the end, connected to a match and a fuel tank.

lol ok ... i wasn't sure what to use as a jet pack
maybe if i use the big arm cylinder?
is that better? i think it matches the body better

Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:24 pm

that looks a lot better. maybe it should be almost the same color as the back the kinda gray color it is. and make it just a bit bigger

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:33 pm

kadish wrote:
that looks a lot better. maybe it should be almost the same color as the back the kinda gray color it is. and make it just a bit bigger

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:56 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
That's great. Now add a nozzle. Make sure it doesn't stick out. Remember the jetpack is an attachable, you have to separate the body and jetpack.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:39 pm

well bladecat4 i was thinking of the jet pack as more of a turbine engine so the nozzle would be where the blue part ends... but i will look into adding a nozzle

also i would like to see everyone here come up with a list of things this needs before i can call it done. a sort of check list so i know how close i am.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:55 pm

You don't need one, it just makes sense. If it's a turbine don't bother with a nozzle.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:17 pm

Thought i would make a missile since the concept drawing shows both a machine gun and missile launcher mode. Made the missile white and blue to match the bot too.

ooh man i can't wait till we are talking coding on this

Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:00 am

i like the missiles they are great. the blue really defines them as a part of the robot.
and for the check list part make a list on what you already have so that we can see and do and evaluation just to make sure its all there and add a few suggestions. plus a picture of all the parts would be a great help now that there has been a lot done.

Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:37 am

kadish wrote:
i like the missiles they are great. the blue really defines them as a part of the robot.
and for the check list part make a list on what you already have so that we can see and do and evaluation just to make sure its all there and add a few suggestions. plus a picture of all the parts would be a great help now that there has been a lot done.

1) make new background arms and legs
2) make walk animation legs and arms
3) make background feet?
4) make loads of gibbs

Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:54 am

I like.
A lot.
Background features are always a plus for legs and feet, try getting the colours you have now and just bumping them down a Luminousity notch and try it out...
Luminousity's the brightness thing right? Right? I think so...

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:06 am
Profile WWW

Almost done with everything, I will post it soon. Currently working on Gibbs, background arms and legs, and the arm animations.
I made a filefront account, so I will post a link to the sprites from there, once I find out how.

Now I'm excited because I can finally talk about the code, and give someone else the reins on this. :grin:

Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:56 pm

I just have one thing before we start in ernest:
The brain armour is too bright. Your style involves black outlines, and soviet's is darker lines, but not black. So yours look realistic, but the brain armour looks bad.

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next