View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Bunker System Ideas 

Post Re: Bunker System Ideas
I think more doors would be nice.
Like larger bunker doors with attached armor plating and stuff for added defense. Maybe dirt tunnels, concrete is just a little too clean, so maybe dirt modules for those more temporary looking outposts.
Collapsing bunker modules, when they are either selected as a unit and from the pie menu collapse is selected or an enemy unit walks into the module they collapse into a sollid block of debris, usefull for blocking passages and delaying enemy advancment.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:09 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

CP-style stuff, like, a control panel one has to have an unit at to take control over doors, turrets etc.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:06 am

Doors that are locked or unlocked by passing control to them, or with keys.
For example, the standard hangar but only opening for crafts.

Deployable shielding could use the locking method to form reliable armoring.
Missile-defence flak cannons that only ever fire at things exceeding a set velocity.
(if any of the above have been created already, I'd love to use them!)

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:07 am

You guys forgot the dummy turret already?
In any case, the storage crate should really be resprited at it's base. Ugly as sin comes to mind as a comment, not for the crate but for the stand.

-Trap modules would be nice, as would more intricate doors. (on the note of modules, include the half-height stairs and vents as vanilla, possibly resprite the vents a little, as they just use scaled normal module backgrounds)
-The current landing/docking systems are silly, imho. The landing pad kind of functions, but the auto-home of them both is rediculous.
-I agree that an emergency escape for your brain, a small rocket that noms your brain and shoots out a tube would be awesome, once we get brain plugs or whatever for moving our brains around that will be feasible (so you dont have to constantly moniter the little rocket).
-Systems that let you open a special buy menu that teleports/grows the unit at the location specified. MAKE IT HAPPEN DATA
also the reverse for selling things (though someone did that rather eloquently)
-Interactive objects that serve a sound purpose but also provide a weak point, eg a item compression system (storage crate) that explodes all the items in it when destroyed and causes some carnage with the decompression, a gold generation system that costs 500oz when prematurely destroyed (due to it being owned by tradestar or something, on lease etc etc bull♥♥♥♥) and again blows up in your face, oil cans that can be used to fuel some sort of large mech but pose a fire hazard if stored stupidly/on the field where theres guns and splosions. the list goes on. more ♥♥♥♥ that does useful things.
-the conveyors should only be left and right, and should only affect stuff actually on the ground (raycast and rootID basics)
-there should be grav lifts that just push the actor above it up or safely lowers it down instead of the conveyor system. more raycasts.
-actual lifts would be cool to see. basically, a pinned "engine" MO would animate and raise/lower the nearest placed "LIFT" MO up and down in between it and the floor below it (getalt = halfMOHeight or some shiz) and stick whatever dudes where in the lift in there. the lift mo should be a door to prevent funkier than usual collisions, and you could even make the engine the actual door engine for extra props. (just bsing here btw) But lifts could make gameplay interesting.
-medic bay - heals the dudes in it slowly, like the medic drone.
-smaller gun slits/camper holes

oh yeah, A+ if you guys actually do act on all the ♥♥♥♥ in these threads.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:29 am
Profile WWW

-A bunker system thats can equiping an ally soldiers if it's through on it. like dispenser.
-A door that has a turret on it
-Automatic cover barrier. If ally want to shot, it will be open automacally. Otherwise, enemy shoots it, this barriers will closing. Not for ally soldiers, But for enemy bullets. :shock:
-....... Droppers. If enemy closing on it, it will dropping kind of bomb, brick, other clone, etc.
-Water,,,,,,, If a robot crossing on it, the robot will automacally die. Like EMP did. If any human crossing on it, The human will move slowly and if his head is under surface of water, his life will slowly down. Like Poison.
-A surprise........ :shock: A crate that automacally break if enemy closing and leave a turret or robot. Or, a normally wall but, when enemy closing, it trhowing FLAME.
-Brain Healer
-Brain Maker
-Copy Machine. Can Copying anything if it selected by the machines.
-Psy. Controlling any enemy approaching on it
-You forgot about Cloning Tubes ?
-Fake Brain Room. Enemy will attacking the fake brain room. If the brain destroyed, It will explode. If the brain destroyed, Enemy will attacking your real brain.....

Just can Imagine if those can be truth in CC.........

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:40 am
Profile WWW

JangkrikBuster, please, you're becoming like grenade when he first arrived. Please make an extra effort to ensure what you're saying makes sense in English.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:01 am
Profile WWW

His post scared me so much I didn't read the rest of it.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:03 pm

GreenSaint wrote:
Maybe dirt tunnels, concrete is just a little too clean, so maybe dirt modules for those more temporary looking outposts.

:3

Also, triage stations/medical tents would be nice.

We need modules that make bunkers more desirable, and that give advantages to the defender, so that attacking is more difficult.
At the moment, you can just fly a guy with a digger towards any fire ports and pretty much kill everything.
Or you can just bomb it into the ground, whereas valuable bunker modules will encourage capture, rather than plain destruction.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:00 pm
Profile WWW

I. Bunker Security Interface: A large console that could control
A. locking/unlocking doors:
1. Going on the offensive: essential for pushing the enemy back.
2. Complete Lock-down: encompasses all bunker doors but can still seal them individually.
B. Trip sensors:
1. Alerts when wall, floor, or ceiling mounted alarm is tripped.
2. "Vault" sensors that control large commonly used passage ways seal all nearby doors when tripped.
C. Bunker Sweepers:
1. Once bunker is deemed safe fixed course "junk scrubbers" travel slowly to get every bit of debris.
2. Secondary "gib scrubbers" move about and attract the unsettled gibs that get stuck in shafts and walls.
'Disclaimer' - Potentially harmful to friendly as well as enemy actors!
D. horizontal and vertical gravity lifts:
1. Horizontal lifts supersede walking to a destination. (operated individually to prevent a "conveyor belt of death" effect.)
2. Vertical lifts act as gravitational trampolines that vary in power based on time spent in lift.
II. Turrets:
A. Peephole Lasers:
1. Placed at top or bottom of lengthy shaft.
2. Laser would be implanted into the floor or ceiling to prevent movement of troops and supplies.
3. Weakly powered beams easily track and fire upon falling enemies.
B. Murder Holes:
1. Used on castle battlements to diminish minimum attack range.
2. Sizable "dispenser" that can be preloaded with grenade of choice.
3. Using a long but narrow sight range this machine can target enemies within range and release its payload.
III. Modules:
A. Murder Hole (Manual):
1. Offered for the frugal bunker builder, this conical shaped module allows grenades to simply roll thru the opening.
2. Can be stood upon and used as a vertical embrasure during grenade shortages.
B.Emitter modules:[/color]
1. Aesthetic and harmless, these hallways and shafts emit dripping oil, sparking wires and even bubbling plasma!

'Note' - certain suggestions are based off of mods that have similar features. Overall, most of these ideas are plausible.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Personally I'm not too keen on traps. I think they'll just end up a slight annoyance if not a game-breaker.

I'd like diagonal corridors. Kind of like stairs but no stairs. Ya'know, for rolling grenades down and stuff.

Thin 30 degree wall slits would be great, too. Grenade canals or sniper points.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:51 am

also, some prefab larger modules (like the ones constructed in BW:M and a few other maps) would be awesome, and save a lot of time when making maps.
in particular, the small "trenches" caused by using an end A over a horizontal shaft B with other modules on each side, over the walls of the end A were very helpful and made for cool firefights/cowering enemies.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:27 am
Profile WWW

I would like to see traps that are
A: Reusable
B: Not 100% guaranteed to kill, maybe just maim, or lock up in a very secure way
C: Just barely recognizable as traps
D: Destroyable

I think this way it would both add incentives to be careful and look for traps, and then clear them carefully(as if you screwed up, the enemy stands to gain, and you really don't get anything), and also make defending have more opportunity for creativity and interesting moments.

So far I've had a few ideas. I would like to see hidden saw blades. It could just be a section of wall or floor, and when something gets close to it, the saws pop out and go to work. Or maybe you could have a floor that has little bear trap type things in it. When someone steps on it, it would latch onto their foot, maybe shredding it? That way it could just hamper their movement, but not completely prevent the enemy from getting in.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:40 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

I just don't really see the style of CC fitting with 'trap filled underground maze'

it's supposed to be scifi, and suddenly we've got indiana jones hidden arrow traps in the walls? just seems unnecessary and out of place

Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:06 pm

Grif wrote:
I just don't really see the style of CC fitting with 'trap filled underground maze'

it's supposed to be scifi, and suddenly we've got indiana jones hidden arrow traps in the walls? just seems unnecessary and out of place

What if they were rocket shotgun traps instead?

Also yeah I made a bunch of these traps a while back. Traps kick ass.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

The only traps i want in CC is rocket docks, dropping rockets in the heads of enemies. OR justleavign it in the ceeling and letting it gib.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next