View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Stone... 

Post Re: Stone...
On-topic however...I know that increasing the velocity(or speed) of something in real life it would mean the projectile, let's use a gun for example will make the bullet do more damage but I threw a 1 mass rock with insane max velocity and it just pushed the enemy droid down not damaging it...
as for the trajectory of the rock..I think I just need to change the angular value..

lua scripts..im not gonna touch that because it's too cunfusing to me about how it works and links to the .ini script...[/quote]

1. I think the max velocity you can use is 500 (without strange crap) but I would put the rock's vel. at min: 50 max: 150 and change the mass to about 15 maybe 20 if you need to but other than that the rock should do a fair amount of dmg with those settings.

2. I don't know if you know the different types of damage but here they are:
Health- an actor's health(this type of damage is present in actors only) is affected by unarmored parts of the actor being peirced by an object (this is effected by wounds... usually wounds are affected by particle count, mass, and sharpness)
GibImpulseLimit- this is how much stress damage an object can take (this is effected by mass & the speed at which an object is traveling) I.E. car going at the speed of light could blow up the earth*
GibWoundLimit- the amount of wounds an object can take before it breaks(also called gibbing) so if I have a gibWoundlimit of 5 then I can get shot by 5 particles before I gib(you can have multiple particles in 1 shot)

The rock does GibImpulse damage because it is not trying to pierce an object but rather crush it and so you need to increase the mass and vel. to increase the damage.

Tip: If you set your Min vel the same as your max vel. you can fire the max velocity projectile almost as fast as you can click
I.E.
MinThrowVel = 100
MaxThrowVel = 100

*I made this up but I hope you get the idea

Last edited by ZevN47 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:32 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Post Re: Stone...
Maximum velocity for particles in CC (period, there's no shenanigans to be done) is 500 units, arguably defined as m/s.

Health can only be reduced by two things: wounds (their burstdamage and emissiondamage, specifically) and ImpulseDamageThreshold, an actor specific variable to determine how fast you can hit without losing an instant -10.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2